Sunday, April 21, 2013

Begin it now!


It's been a while!!!! I've missed you blog :)

When you sit and day dream and imagine what your perfect life would be do you attach timelines? Married by this age, have a home by this time, start a family at this point, perfect career when.... I have to admit, I'm guilty! 
When we attach these timelines are we sabotaging the dream? If we achieve them later are they any less rewarding or is the timeframe part of the dream? If we knew when everything was going to happen what kind of life would it be? So many questions. 
Nick and I are moving to Champaign in July and I have been exploring my options. I was presented with the opportunity to start a PhD in Kinesiology at the University of Illinois. This is something that I have thought about before and in fact I went so far as to interview for a position in 2007. At that point life happened and I was pulled in other directions. I wasn't sure if it was something I really wanted. I met my husband and I had a job I loved. It just wasn't the right time. 
When presented with the opportunity again, I got butterflies, I was excited but then doubt crept in. I thought to myself I am 31 years old; what about children, career, finances. I decided to consider other avenues. The meetings I had were positive but the idea of the PhD just kept resurfacing. After much consideration I've decided to go for it. I'm going to jump with both feet and see what happens. It's never too late, I'm not too old and who gives a crap about what anyone else thinks!!!!! PS my family approves :)    
—Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Commit.  Begin.  Believe in it with everything in you.  And then just trust.
I’ll see it when I believe it. GOOOOO Me!!!!

Alana :)

No comments:

Post a Comment