Thursday, September 15, 2011

I don't eat meat but I sure do love bones :)


Mary Mooooooo...do you remember that song??? Today I made a tremendous discovery....bones! The last two years I have been studying Osteopathy at the Canadian College of Osteopathy in Toronto. I am very passionate about the profession and love my Osteopath, Dave Murray, but to be honest I've been dragging my feet. I've been busy just getting by, sacrificing my studying for all of my other commitments. Well things are about to change. Part of my plan for this year was to pick myself up by my boot straps and get to work studying. I really believe in Osteopathy and I owe it to the profession and myself to give it my all. At the end of the year I will be writing a 6-hour exam and completing my oral practical exam, encompassing all of the material covered in the program to date. I have been studying in the medical library at the University, Monday to Friday, averaging about 2 to 4 hours a day and plan to continue with that for the duration of my time here. I think this is what it's going to take in order to adequately prepare. The library is beautiful here and I love to come in to the University, meet Nick for lunch and spend the afternoon in "my sweet spot". Today, things got even better. I found an anatomy study area with models and bones and books! Oh yeah! Every day it seems as though things fall a little further in to place for me. I really believe that this year is going to make me better. A better teacher, a better fitness instructor, a better student, a better version of me! At first I thought I would be looking for what makes me happy but I have realized that you don't find happiness, you create it. You create happiness by doing the things that you love and doing them well and sharing them with others. By doing too much you water down your happiness. You dilute the beauty in your life. I've realized that dedicating myself to my goals and recognizing that I can't do everything at the same time is ok. The people who love me, love me no matter what I do or accomplish. Today was an enlightening day! Wish me luck with my bones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment