Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Weekend Starts on Thursday :)


Through the week all the shops open around 10am and close by 5pm. The market has extended hours through the week but EVERYTHING is closed on Sunday. The one later day for the shops is Thursday and here the weekend seems to begin on Thursday nights. I went out for a walk through the city centre last night to check things out and the open air cafes were packed. The streets and the shops were filled with people. It is at this moment that I realize how densely populated our city is. The Netherlands is one of the most densely populated countries in the world. It was a beautiful night so I was happy to jumble my way through the crowd.
As I people watch I realize that Italy and Paris have nothing on Maastricht. The fashion here is to die for. Prada, Max Mara, Dior, Marc Jacobs... the list goes on. Steps from my door is a prime shopping mecca and poor me without a source of income :( Well, I can definitely appreciate it on the backs of these fabulous european women. Coco Chanel said it best " A successful women must be two things, classy and fabulous". These women are definitely fabulous. The signature shopping look seems to be a pair of designer loafers or heels, well tailored pants, a fabulous belt, a blazer and a scarf...oh the scarves! All women here don't leave home without them. They have them in every colour and pattern. I have been eyeing this gorgeous silk scarf for weeks but at 175 euros it is way out of my price range. It has beautiful shades of blues and silvers and a paisley pattern. In this situation LOVE is not too strong a word. A girl can dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment